Pages

Fair Fat And Forty by BlossomFlowerGirl

Flowers

Click on Flag or Select your Language to Translate.

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali
FAIR FAT AND FORTY: Never mess with a woman who can pull rank.
And remember .....
Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level

This Week's Choice

David Cassidy the teen idol and star of The Partridge Family has passed away at the age of 67. In tribute to him, this week's choice is I Think I Love You....

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Hello Dolly

Well now, I might be rather lax in working on this here blog, and shame oh shame, I forget to update "This Weeks' Choice" but...

I've always liked this song (I Will Always Love You) and have chosen if for This Week's Choice. This is the original - sung by Dolly Parton in 1974. Whitney Houston may have made it an international pop hit, but it was Dolly who wrote it and recorded it many years before.

We all think of it as a love song, and it is, but how many people know the reason behind the song? She wrote it when her partnership with Porter Wagoner ended and it is about that professional break the song is about.

 


A great Dolly quote: "I'm quite content with who I am / And if you ain't, well, kiss my ham"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...