Pages

Fair Fat And Forty by BlossomFlowerGirl

Flowers

Click on Flag or Select your Language to Translate.

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali
FAIR FAT AND FORTY: Never mess with a woman who can pull rank.
And remember .....
Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level

This Week's Choice

David Cassidy the teen idol and star of The Partridge Family has passed away at the age of 67. In tribute to him, this week's choice is I Think I Love You....

Thursday 21 November 2013

Memories from 1920

It's ashamed I am to see it has been ten months since I last made a post. I'd started a new blog and one thing led to another and this old one sort of became lost somewhere. Does this I wonder happen with other bloggers - they post regularly be it on a daily basis or once a week and after a while, it gets left by the wayside.

Recently on a city blog the blog owner had a photographed a bicycle part and said something like how hard it is to post a photo every day. This is something I can relate to, you post photos daily and love doing it but after a while it becomes a chore. And that my friends, is when it stops being fun. I do remember telling myself I would post on here once a week, every Friday. That didn't last.

So much has happened where does one begin? Hmmm...

Matthew and Mary dancing

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this week's choice which I purposely went looking for after hearing it played on Downton Abbey. In series 2, episode 8, when members of the Crawley family are struck down with Spanish flu, Matthew puts the gramaphone on, Lady Mary comes along the upper gallery. She peers down, sees Matthew (whom we all know still carries a flame for even though she won't admit it to herself) and comes down the stairs. She tells him she hasn't heard this song before, he says it was from a show called Zip goes a million which flopped. They dance, it's sort of dreamy and the music disappears, only the soft voices of the dancers are heard.
Suddenly there's Lavinia who you can't help feeling sorry for.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...