Pages

Fair Fat And Forty by BlossomFlowerGirl

Flowers

Click on Flag or Select your Language to Translate.

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali
FAIR FAT AND FORTY: Never mess with a woman who can pull rank.
And remember .....
Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level

This Week's Choice

David Cassidy the teen idol and star of The Partridge Family has passed away at the age of 67. In tribute to him, this week's choice is I Think I Love You....

Sunday 7 March 2010

Melbourne - It's A Washout!

 

Rain, Rain, Everywhere
This is what my place looked like yesterday. We had thunder, lightning, storms, rain and hailstones the size of golf balls.

We were at the fruit shop when the heavens opened. Keilor Road was flooded, we had to wade through 10 inches of water, son lost one of his thongs, I had a 6 inch stick of wood in my thongs. Trying to drive through Ross Street - large tree across the road, the tree had been struck by lightning, split from the ground up and burnt black.
Many main roads were flooded, trees and branches everywhere.

Came home - water leaking where no water should - kitchen cupboard dripping water, phone wet, clock wet, bench wet. The power was on but had gone off while we were out - clock on electric oven was flashing.

Went out later to buy coffee - my local Safeway was closed (flooded), Coles down the road was also closed (roof caved in) Coles in Moonee Ponds I was told was closed - they had a fire. Debris everywhere, signs of traffic accidents - knocked over road signs. Emergency vehicle, flashing lights on Calder Highway.

I almost feel like I'm living in Queensland with all this flooding. And I hope the rain fell in the catchment areas.

2 comments:

wenn said...

oh dear, i never like heavy rain!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Hi Wenn, it's been pouring for the last 6 and a half hours. Stopped a little while ago and now is coming down heavy - not like yesterday thank goodness.
Still, I'd rather the rain than lightning.
Keep smiling.
Cheers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...