Pages

Fair Fat And Forty by BlossomFlowerGirl

Flowers

Click on Flag or Select your Language to Translate.

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali
FAIR FAT AND FORTY: Never mess with a woman who can pull rank.
And remember .....
Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level

This Week's Choice

David Cassidy the teen idol and star of The Partridge Family has passed away at the age of 67. In tribute to him, this week's choice is I Think I Love You....

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Australian Election 2010

The Mad Monk on the left, the Red Head on the right
Julia Gillard became Prime Minister two months ago when Labor party members made a political move and decided it was time for the then PM Kevin Rudd to step down. Rudd had been on the nose for some time - and had he gone to election, it was felt he would lose them the election. And so - Ms. Gillard was given the job.

We went to the polls on Saturday 21st August and it's looking like a hung Parliament. Of the 150 seats, Labor has 72, Libs 70, Greens 1, Independants 3 and still in doubt 4. A party needs 76 seats to form a government.

If neither of the big two (Labor and Coalition) get 76, whoever either gets more or can get the 3 Independants on their side (the Greenie will side with Labor), will then go to the Governor General and ask to form government.

Oh, decisions, decisions. Will it be the mad monk or the red headed lefty? Some say they think Abbott will be in.......who knows. One thing is for sure, unless they (whoever they may turn out to be) can work with the Independanst, it doesn't bode well for an easy time.

If I Was Prime Minister
If I was Prime Minister
Of all the Ausie states
I'd live on chocolate truffles
And swing on all the gates.

I'd have lots of money
What I wanted I would get,
I'd buy me a brand new car
And then a Lear jet.

I wouldn't have to worry
When the water bill fell due
Or phone, or gas, or SEC
They'd all be paid by you.
(The tax-payer)

I'd be living like a king,
Rub shoulders with the best
And then I could look down my nose
At all the poor in jest.

And so you see dear people
As dear old Malcolm said,
"Life wasn't meant to be easy",
You elelcted me instead.

2 comments:

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Hello flowergirl; thank you for your visits. Yes, I remember when Malcolm said "Life wasn't meant to be easy." I remember when we had a grazing property, times were so bad, no money for the animals, it was such a big scam! anyway the government then decided to help along and give the graziers each 2000.00 $. So we got as a family of five 2000.00. M. Frazer and his family got 20'000.00$
He knew how to handle the system, and build new fences around his properies with this money! Ha..ha this is politics. It is a while but I do not think politics changed.
The poem is right, well done!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Thank you Titania. Glad you liked the poem. Never did like Fraser myself - couldn't really stand the chap. About the only good thing that man did was to introduce a price and wage freeze, which meant although wages didn't increase, neither did the cost of foodstuffs etc.

Sorry to hear about the farm - lousy you all only received $2,000, especially when he gave himself $20,000. I wonder how he wangled that one? Greedy bugger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...