Pages

Fair Fat And Forty by BlossomFlowerGirl

Flowers

Click on Flag or Select your Language to Translate.

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali
FAIR FAT AND FORTY: Never mess with a woman who can pull rank.
And remember .....
Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level

This Week's Choice

David Cassidy the teen idol and star of The Partridge Family has passed away at the age of 67. In tribute to him, this week's choice is I Think I Love You....

Sunday 31 October 2010

Derby Day 2010 - Rain, Rain, Rain

A lake in the garden
This is our front garden yesterday ~ Wet, Wetter, Wettest!  Fancy a swim?

I took a short video with my camera - listen to the rain (For some reason, Youtube videos don't have those nice frames around them anymore)


"Rain" Songs
Listening to this made me think of the song "The song of the rain", which brings me to this - how many songs are there that are about rain, or have "rain" in the title?
Off-hand, there's ...hmm..now let me see (better put my thinking cap on)
I
l'll do my crying in the rain
Rainman
Rainmaker
April showers
Somewhere over the rainbow
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head.

And then there are sayings, like "It never rains but it pours", or putting something away for a "rainy day".

Saturday's storms dumped over 53mm on Melbourne and broke a 35 year old rainfall record and in north eastern Victoria they had 147mm of rain. That's a lot of water.

I am so glad Junior mowed the lawn on Thursday.

2 comments:

wenn said...

oh..it's so wet!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Hi Wenn, yes it certainly has been very wet. I don't think I can remember a day like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...