Pages

Fair Fat And Forty by BlossomFlowerGirl

Flowers

Click on Flag or Select your Language to Translate.

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali
FAIR FAT AND FORTY: Never mess with a woman who can pull rank.
And remember .....
Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level

This Week's Choice

David Cassidy the teen idol and star of The Partridge Family has passed away at the age of 67. In tribute to him, this week's choice is I Think I Love You....

Thursday 25 November 2010

Hot

We have had three days of 33º and the house feels like a sauna. Although the temperature has dropped and it's pouring rain outside, I can't sleep. The weather outside is cooler but inside it's like an oven. Somehow I don't think it would be a very good idea to sleep outside. All those mossies - you'd get eaten alive.

It's times like this I wish I was rich - I'd have a house with air-conditioning.

Well do I remember asking my dad when I was a little girl, "Daddy, would you rather be too hot or too cold?" To which he replied, "Neither". "Yes" said I, "but if you had to be too hot or too cold, which one would you choose?"

Dad said too hot and when I asked him why, he replied, "Because you can always get warm, but you can't always get cool".

Ain't it the truth! Very smart man my dad.

I wish I was here -

Above: Little Mermaid Ice-Cream Shop
You can keep the Danish hot dogs - just lead me to your ice-cream!


Above: Peter's Light
This is an original Peter's Ice-Cream Light from the 1950's. You don't see too many of them now, more's the pity. They've been replaced with neon lighting and modern stuff.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...