Pages

Fair Fat And Forty by BlossomFlowerGirl

Flowers

Click on Flag or Select your Language to Translate.

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali
FAIR FAT AND FORTY: Never mess with a woman who can pull rank.
And remember .....
Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level

This Week's Choice

David Cassidy the teen idol and star of The Partridge Family has passed away at the age of 67. In tribute to him, this week's choice is I Think I Love You....

Thursday 31 March 2016

Overweight

In addition to giving up smoking, I finally am forced to face reality - I am obese. Not overweight, or a bit fat, or I need to lose a few kilogram, I'm obese. Oh God it makes me shudder just saying that word obese, it doesn't even sound nice it sounds like something horrible and nasty.

I've always been overweight, well no, hang on a minute, that's not strictly true. For most of my life, I've been on the "big" side. Where other girls my age were a size 12, I was a size 16. Well do I remember I was about 16, and I was at this party. I had on a lime green skirt with permanent pleats, I can't remember the top, but I know the shoes were green too - slingbacks they were.



Oh it's horrible being overweight, alright alright alright, I know the word is obese but I am going to use the word overweight  because it sounds better and I can type it easier. I'm almost falling asleep here. If I allow myself to close my eyes for a brief moment. Unlike some, I use the "F" word - Fat. I say I'm fat, I have spoken about being fat. A memory surfaces of a dear fellow in a wheelchair, Colin his name may have been, but I'm not sure. With the passages of time it has become blurred, but not his face. I see him in his wheelchair more than thirty year later, telling me I was not fat, I was "pleasantly plump". He had been taught it was impolite to say a lady was fat, instead she was pleasantly plump. A smile comes to my face as I write this, for I was stupidly young and the world was my oyster, but I did not know it.

I am very tired and must close now before I nod off for good over the computer.

ETA: While searching the net for stuff about obesity and breathing difficulties, I came across this


.......To be continued ....................................

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...